We are looking for an experienced Solutions Architect to represent the engineering team.
Validis is a dynamic fintech company with an industry leading software platform for the extraction and standardisation of accounting data. Validis, which has UK and US based operations, has a blue-chip client base, mainly comprising audit firms and financial institutions who utilise the software to gather financial information from their SME clients. The company has experienced significant growth since its inception in 2015. As part of this growth, it is expanding its team and need support across a number of strategic areas.
Benefit from a business actively promoting diversity and equality. Diversity is critical to our business, and we believe unbelievable talent should have a level playing field in which to shine – this equally applies for everyone. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, or who you love. We believe you should be you.
About the role
In this role you will be working with individual customers to understand their technical requirements and map those on to the features and capabilities of the Validis accounting data platform. You will work with customer business and IT governance stakeholders throughout the sales and implementation cycle. An important part of the role is to identify gaps between customer expectations of technical product capability and IT governance processes and to feedback product requests to the product roadmap where gaps are identified.
You will also work closely with the engineering team to gain a detailed technical understanding of the platform and contribute to ongoing architecture and feature design.
- As a Solution Architect, you will be able to demonstrate a breadth of experience in solutions design and architecture governance that can be applied across our clients.
- Demonstrate excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, engaging with business leaders and collaborating with architecture and engineering resources of all levels.
- Thrive on solving business challenges, creating best of breed technology solutions for Validis customers, that are aligned to our business and technology strategies and standards.
- You will be the main point of contact with sales and bid teams in answering customers’ technical and IT governance questions
- Identify gaps in technical capability and IT governance that impede customer implementations and sales opportunities and feed these into the product roadmap
- Work closely with the engineering team to represent customer technical requirements when new features are designed and built
- Broad range of experience within an architecture & design role, preferably in financial services or another regulated industry, and preferable within an Agile or Agile at Scale ways of working.
- Strong background in digital, security, data and application architectures.
- Experience of design governance processes and deliverables, including design artifacts, reference architectures and design patterns, preferable within an Agile or Agile at Scale ways of working.
- Good knowledge of customer security, information security and data governance.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels.
- Strong knowledge of current technology trends and methodologies.
- Experience in software product companies ideally in a SaaS environment is essential
- Experience with ISO 27001 and SOC 2
An advantage but not mandatory:
- Experience of Azure platform
- Experience of software development and architecture preferably with Java
- Knowledge of accountancy software
- Experience of data engineering pipelines