Validis is looking for a Java software engineer to join one of the teams in the engineering function. You will deliver product features for the Validis SaaS platform as part of an agile development team.
Validis is a dynamic fintech company with an industry leading software platform for the extraction and standardisation of accounting data. Validis, which has UK and US based operations, has a blue-chip client base, mainly comprising audit firms and financial institutions who use the software to gather financial information from their SME clients. The company has experienced significant growth since its inception in 2015. As part of this growth, it is expanding its team and need support across a number of strategic areas.
Benefit from a business actively promoting diversity and equality. Diversity is critical to our business, and we believe unbelievable talent should have a level playing field in which to shine – this equally applies for everyone. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, or who you love. We believe you should be you.
About the role
- Design and develop product features in Java
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of the Validis problem domain
- Work with team members to design, implement and test product features to a high standard of quality
- Handle assigned Production Incidents within SLAs
- Follow secure development practices are followed
- Follow the policies and procedures of the information security system
- Strong Java background (1+ years)
- Kubernetes experience is an advantage
- Relational database experience preferably SQL Server
- Have worked in a software product environment preferably SaaS
- Experience of building software in a cloud platform, preferably Azure
- Experience in agile development, scrum
- Continuous integration experience
An advantage but not mandatory
- Restful APIs
- Service bus based development
- Data engineering experience
- Knowledge of accounting and accounting software package APIs
- Knowledge of Open Banking APIs