We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Management Accountant to join our finance team.
Validis is a dynamic fintech company with an industry leading software platform for the extraction and standardisation of accounting data. Validis, which has UK and US based operations, has a blue-chip client base, mainly comprising audit firms and financial institutions who utilise the software to gather financial information from their SME clients. The company has experienced significant growth since its inception in 2015.
Diversity is critical to our business, and we believe unbelievable talent should have a level playing field in which to shine – this equally applies for everyone. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, or who you love. We believe you should be you.
About the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing financial reports, analysing financial data, and providing recommendations to improve business performance. As a Management Accountant, you will work closely with other departments to ensure financial information is accurate, timely and useful.
You’ll have a background in Finance/Saas/Tech preferably from working within the fintech/SME/Finance community.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will support the current finance team on month end and management accounts preparation and have responsibility for integrity of the numbers.
- Preparation of management accounts, balance sheet and cash flow statement, explaining variances and providing analysis where required
- Analysis and reconciliation of various P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
- Provision of management accounting information to inform and challenge management actions and decisions, support the Finance Director to perform financial analysis, KPI and cost reports as required
- Assist in the preparation of year end statutory accounts
- Support the Finance Director in developing the annual budget and periodic forecasts
- Provision of business partnering and support to Budget Holders enabling them to manage their finances effectively, including analysing variances and exploring potential problems
- Ad hoc analysis on revenue streams and cost drivers
- VAT return preparation
- Process and system improvements
- Identification of areas for cost savings and process improvements
- You will have at least 3 years’ experience involving the preparation of Management and year end Accounts
- AAT qualified (or equivalent) or part qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA (or equivalent)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills along with competency with other MS Office packages
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy with numeric data
- You are highly organised approach with the clear ability to prioritise and manage your work
- Proven track record in running the month end process and improving processes
- Demonstrable knowledge of best practices, methodologies, and technologies