We are looking for an Assistant Accountant to support the growing needs of the finance division.
About the role
From day to day postings of financial transactions to the month end reporting, this position will be hands on with the opportunity to develop in the role, so prior fintech experience is not essential.
- Bank and Credit Card reconciliations on Sage
- Process sales invoices and completing credit control
- Process supplier invoices and resolving supplier queries
- Enter data, maintain records and create reports
- Processing weekly payment runs
- Maintain Fixed Assets Register
- Maintain schedules and post month end journals in Sage
- Quarterly VAT returns through Sage
- Motivated to automate and streamline processes
- Ad hoc duties
The ideal candidate will be intelligent, well presented, articulate and confident. They will have a positive outlook and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic company in the technology industry.
- Start up or SaaS experience desirable
- Relentlessly focused on rapidly delivering quality to our customers
- Enthusiastic, with the aptitude to learn our product
- Confident and eager to bring new ideas to the table
- Dynamic and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Highly energetic and self-motivated, with the drive to get things done
- A team player, who likes to share a common need to succeed
- Ambitious and wants to be part of a fintech that’s in an exciting growth phase
- Qualified through experience or part qualified (ACCA, CIMA, ACA, AAT)
- Strong Microsoft Office (word and excel) skills
- Sage Accounting experience
- Good numeracy, communication skills and attention to detail
- Enjoy working in a fast paced small team
Validis is a dynamic fintech company with an industry leading software platform for the extraction and standardisation of accounting data. Validis, which has UK and US based operations, has a blue-chip client base, mainly comprising audit firms and financial institutions who utilise the software to gather financial information from their SME clients. The company has experienced significant growth since its inception in 2015. As part of this growth, it is expanding its team and needs support across a number of strategic areas.
Benefit from a business actively promoting diversity and equality. Diversity is critical to our business, and we believe unbelievable talent should have a level playing field in which to shine – this equally applies for everyone. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, or who you love. We believe you should be you.